老外最想聊的100个英语口语话题(91):食品安全

发布时间:2020-02-16 20:56:12   来源:文档文库   
字号:

Food safety 食品安全

dialogue 1

Carl: Hello, Kendra. How are things?

你好,肯德拉.最近过得好吗?

Kendra: Just fine What about you?

还好,你呢?

C: Not bad. Did you see the news last night?

不错,你昨晚看新闻了吗?

K: No, I didn't havc the chance. Was there anything interesting?

没有,没时间看。有什么有趣的事吗?

C: Not interesting, terrible.

不是有趣,是恐怖.

K: Terriblc,why?

恐怖,为什么啊?

C: Two workers bave died and 19 0thers have been bospitalized after having lunch at arestaurant in Sbenzhen on Saturday moming.

周同早上在深圳,一些工人在一家饭店吃午饭时食物中毒- .两人中毒身亡,19人被送往医院抢救。

K: It's incredible.Did tbcy find the Cause

太难以想象了!查明原因了吗?

C: Not yet. it's still under investigation.

还没有,正在调查中

K: Food safety is not a new problem, but food poisoning seems to be happening more these days.

食品安全是个老问题了.食物中毒量近好像频频发生.

C: I think some producers are too profit-oriented and itlnore their social responsibility.

我认为一些食品生产商只顾lll钱,不考虑社会责任.

K: Do you think the governmcnt should intervence to stop further tragedy?

你认为政府应该介入以避免悲剧再发生吗?

C: Defrnitely, I think thcre should be not only fines to the sboddy food producers, but also riminal punishment.

我想政府应该介入,对于那些生产劣质产品的厂家,不仅要罚款,还要追究刑事责任

K: Food safcty is a mattcr of lifc and death.

食品女全是生死攸关的大事啊。



dialogue 2



C: hey, there!

,你好!

K: hello, Carl. Have you heard about the contaminated baby formula?

你好,你听说婴幼儿奶粉事件了吗?

C: yes. Actually, I'm quite concerned about that. It's confirmed that 4 babies died and more than 6,200 infants nationwide have developed kidney stones after drinking the tainted formula.

听说了.实际上,我很关注这件事.经证实,现在有4个婴儿丧生了,6200个婴儿患上了肾结石.

K: what a tragedy!

太惨了!

C: I remember the public outrage when it was discovered that 171 infants had sufferedmalnutrition because of the ingestoin of inferior milk power in Fuyang City, Anhui Province in 2019.

我至今还记得,2019年在安徽省阜阳市,因为服用劣质奶粉,171名婴儿营养不良,当时也激起了民愤.

K: food safety has been a long-standing concern nationwide.

食品安全想来都为人们所关注.

C: well, I think this recent incident will have a far-reaching negative impact on the milk industry.

,我想这次奶粉事件肯定会重创奶制品行业.

K: definitely, in the case of the tainted milk powder, for example, not only the offending company suffers losses, but the whole milk market suffers a sharp drop in sales.

当然,比如在这次的奶粉事件中,不仅相关的不法企业损失惨重,而且奶制品市场销量大减.

C: yes, you are right.

是啊.

K: but I don't know if it is only an isolated incident or whether it reflects a broader problem in the milk industry?

但是不知道这是个案,还是反映出整个奶制品行业的问题呢?

C: I guess it's an industry-wide problem, as 69 batches of baby formula produced by 22 companies have been found to be contaminated.

我想整个行业都有问题,22家企业生产的69批婴儿奶粉都被查出有问题.

K: that's right. This will quickly undermine public confidence in the milk industry possibly for years to come.

是啊,今后几年内,人们对奶制品行业都不会有什么信心了.

C: definitely! With the public disclosure, buyers' confidence seems to be waning.

是啊,一经曝光,消费者就信心大减.

K: I think China's food industry needs a shake-up. 

我想中国的食品行业需要重新整顿. 

本文来源:https://www.2haoxitong.net/k/doc/4b46fe99940590c69ec3d5bbfd0a79563c1ed4de.html

《老外最想聊的100个英语口语话题(91):食品安全.doc》
将本文的Word文档下载到电脑,方便收藏和打印
推荐度:
点击下载文档

文档为doc格式