女王

发布时间:2011-10-17 14:59:06   来源:文档文库   
字号:

The queen

'After weeks of campaigning

“经过连续几周的紧张激烈地竞选角逐,

'Tony Blair and his family

托尼·布莱尔携家人

'strolled to the polling station

终于在投票日神态自若地出现在

'this election day morning.

离他家不远处的投票站

'The Labour faithful feel pride

工党党员都为布莱尔所取得的成绩 感到自豪

'in Mr Blair's achievements

'as he is about to become

因为他即将成为本世纪

the youngest PM this century.'

最年轻的英国首相

- Have you voted yet, Mr Crawford? - Yes, Ma'am.

- 你去投票了吗,克劳福德先生? - 去了,夫人

I was there when they opened. First in line, seven o'clock.

今早七点投票站一开门我就去了 排在队伍最前面

I don't mind telling you, it wasn't for Mr Blair.

可以明确地告诉你 我没有投给布莱尔

- You're not a moderniser? - Certainly not.

- 如此看来你不是一个革新派 - 当然不是

We're in danger of losing too much that is good about this country.

我们国家正处于丧失优秀文化传统的危险边缘

(Man) 'There is a growing sense of excitement.

支持者们情绪越来越高涨

I envy you, being able to vote. Not the actual ticking of the box,

你能去投票,这一点我很羡慕 并不是为了能投下自己神圣的一票

although it would be nice to experience that once...

当然,能经历一次也相当有趣...

...but the sheer joy of being partial.

我只是希望和大家一样 成为其中的一分子

Yes. Of course, one forgets that as sovereign, you're not entitled to vote.

您说得很对。 身为君主居然没有权利去投票

- No. - Still, I don't feel sorry for you.

- 就是 - 恕我直言,我并不觉得这有什么不妥

You might not be allowed to vote, ma'am...

您最好还是不要去投票,女皇陛下

(Chuckles)

...but it is your government.

因为政府是效忠于您的

Yes.

的确

I suppose that is some consolation.

听上去让人舒心点了

(Chuckles)

(Slow march on bagpipes)

(Soft knocking)

Good morning.

早上好

- Shall I draw the curtains? - Yes, please.

- 需要将窗帘卷起来吗? - 好的

So, did you stay up all night?

你昨晚没睡觉吧?

Yes, ma'am.

是的,女皇陛下

And was it as expected?

选举结果是否如预期一样?

Yes, ma'am. Mr Blair.

是的,女皇陛下。布莱尔先生胜出

By a landslide.

以绝对优势

Oh, I see.

知道了

(Man) 'They've stopped the traffic completely

新首相托尼·布莱尔第一天就职途中

'for Tony Blair's first day of power in London.

沿街交通完全被管制,禁止通行

'You've got the ceremonial, the official

今天风和日丽,难得在夏天碰到这样的好天气

'and you've got a lovely summer's day.

政府就职典礼即将举行

'Tony Blair waving to the crowds, people waving to them there.

托尼·布莱尔向支持者们挥手致意 人们如潮水般涌向车队

'I guess they know it's the Prime Minister on the streets.'

大概他们猜到首相就在车上

(Soft knocking)

The Prime Minister is on his way, ma'am.

首相正在路上,一会就到 女皇陛下

To be, Robin. The Prime Minister to be.

还没任命,罗宾 目前只是即将成为首相的人

I haven't asked him yet.

我还没有赐予他权力

He's a hard one to read, isn't he?

他是个较难琢磨得人吧?

Yes. On the one hand, his background is quite establishment -

是的,一方面,他有着 极其优越的背景

father a Conservative, educated at Fettes.

父亲是保守党成员 在费蒂斯镇接受教育

He had the same tutor as the Prince of Wales.

曾经和查尔斯王子共拜同一个老师

We'll try not to hold that against him.

英雄不问出路

On the other, his manifesto promises

另一方面看,他的竞选方针

the most radical shake-up of the constitution in 300 years.

可以说是近300年以来最激进的 也许会动摇大英宪法

- Think he'll try to modernise us? - I wouldn't put it past him.

- 这么说你认为他将颠覆我们的传统 - 尚不敢下结论

His wife has anti-monarchist sympathies.

她妻子有反君主立宪制倾向

You may remember her curtsy the first time you met.

呆会你见到她的话 一定会对她的屈膝礼印象颇深

It could best be described as shallow.

简直连一厘米都没有

(Chuckles) I don't measure the depth of a curtsy, Robin.

罗宾,我又不会去具体量她到底屈下多少

I leave that to my sister.

这事得让我妹妹去做

Downing Street is expected to be informal -

在大街上直呼人名是不大适宜的

everyone on first-name terms, at the Prime Minister's insistence.

但是首相却坚持一定要这样

- What, "Call me Tony"? - Yes, ma'am.

- 怎么说的,是“叫我托尼”吗? - 是的,女皇陛下

Oh, I don't like that. Have we sent him a protocol sheet?

这点我不是很赞同 草案给他了吗?

- Funny, I'm actually rather nervous. - Why? You've met her before.

- 真好笑,我现在非常紧张 - 为什么,你又不是没见过她

I know, but never one to one, and never as Prime Minister.

我知道,但是从未单独拜会 也从未以首相身份拜会

Well, remember, you're a man that's just been elected by the nation.

放轻松,你是刚刚被全国人民票选出来的

But she's still, you know, the Queen.

但她是,始终是女王

The audience room is upstairs.

会客厅在楼上

When we reach the audience room, I will knock.

当我们到了会客厅,我来敲门

We shall go straight inside.

接着我们一起走进去

Standing by the door, we bow, from the neck.

紧贴着门站好,鞠躬 脖子低下就可以了

I will introduce you. The Queen will extend her hand.

接下来我引见你 女王就会伸出手

You go to her, bow again, then shake her hand.

这时你走近她,再次鞠躬 然后握手

A couple of other things -

还有

it's ma'am as in ham,

记住,是女皇陛下

not ma'am as in farm.

不是农场的女场主

When you're in the presence, at no point must you show your back.

在她目击范围之内 千万不要背对着她

- The presence? - Yes, sir.

- 目击范围? - 是的

That's what it's called when you're in Her Majesty's company.

那就是指你还在拜会她的时候

Would you like to sit there, Mrs Blair?

您先在这里坐会好吗?布莱尔夫人

(lndistinct murmuring)

How nice to see you again, Mr Blair.

很高兴再次见到你,布莱尔先生

- And congratulations. - Thank you.

- 应该先祝贺你 - 谢谢

- Your children must be proud. - I hope so.

- 你的孩子一定很自豪 - 希望如此

- You've three, haven't you? - That's right.

- 你又三个孩子吧 - 是的

Such a blessing, children. Do sit down.

愿主保佑孩子们 请坐

Thank you.

谢谢

Have we shown you how to start a nuclear war yet?

他们已将核武器指挥权移交给你了吗?

- Er... no. - Oh. First thing we do, apparently.

- ...还没 - 噢,这明显第一应该做的事

Then we take away your passport and send you round the world.

紧接着我们就取消你的护照 派你到世界各国去访问

You obviously know my job better than I do.

明显你更了解这个工作

Yes, well, you are my tenth prime minister, Mr Blair.

当然,现在你就成为我的第十任首相 布莱尔先生

My first was Winston Churchill.

第一任是温斯顿·丘吉尔

He sat in your chair in a frock coat and top hat.

当时他就坐在你那椅子上 穿着风衣,戴着高帽

He was kind enough to give a young girl like me quite an education.

我那时就是个小女孩 他都能当我父亲了

I can imagine.

我略知一二

With time, one has hopefully added experience and wisdom,

随着时间推移,人们总是希望 我能够增加经验,增长智慧

better enabling us to execute our constitutional responsibility,

这样才能更好的维护和执行宪法

to advise, guide and warn the government of the day.

并给政府以建议、指导,必要时给与警告

Advice which I... Iook forward to receiving.

我现在就很希望你能给我些建议

Yes. We'll save that for our weekly meetings.

会的,到周日例会时再谈吧

If there's nothing else, I believe we have some business to attend to.

如果没有其他事的话 我想还有个仪式必须进行

Of course.

当然

Your Majesty, my party has won the election,

女王陛下,我所在的工党赢得了选举

and so I ask your permission to form a...

因此我特恳请你答应你

No, Mr Blair. I ask the question.

布莱尔先生,这该我来说

The duty falls upon me, as sovereign,

作为一国之君,我有权利

to invite you to become Prime Minister and to form a government in my name.

赐予你首相的职位,你可以组成新内阁

And if you agree, the custom is to say yes.

如果你没有异议 就回答“是”

Yes.

(Bell jingles)

Mrs Blair, lovely to see you again.

布莱尔夫人,很高兴又见到你

And congratulations. You must be very proud.

恭喜你,你也一定为你丈夫自豪吧

- Yes. - And exhausted, I imagine.

- 是的 - 而且还精疲力尽吧

- Where will you spend the summer? - France.

- 你打算在哪避暑 - 法国

- Lovely. - You'll be in Balmoral?

- 很不错 - 你将去巴尔莫勒尔堡?

Yes. Wonderful place.

是的,我早就想去了 一个清凉的避暑胜地

My great, great grandmother, Victoria said,

我的曾曾祖母维多利亚曾经说

"In Balmoral, all seems to breathe freedom and peace

在巴尔莫勒尔堡,万物都是清新宁静的 每一次呼吸你都能感受到

"and make one forget the world and its sad turmoils."

使人忘却所有烦忧

- Your Majesty... - Oh, excuse me.

- 女王陛下 - 失陪

(lndistinct whispering)

Oh. Yes, of course.

哦,好吧

I'm so sorry. We're going to have to leave it there.

实在抱歉,我们今天就到此为止吧

Not too short, was it, 15 minutes?

也不算很短,有15分钟吗?

- One doesn't want to be rude. - No, ma'am.

- 我可不希望太唐突 - 不会的,女皇陛下

Morning.

早上好

- "Thanks for coming. Now, fuck off." - What was that about?

- “非常感谢你们的到来,现在滚吧” - 到底发生涉么事了?

God knows. It'll be something to do with Diana.

鬼知道 肯定和戴安娜有关

(Woman) 'Princess Diana embroiled in controversy

戴安娜王妃被卷入到

'as she pulls out of a meeting with MPs.'

与下院议员私底下会面的丑闻中

Princess Diana moved to mend relations with the former nanny...

戴安娜王妃去与她的奶妈重修旧好

Princess Diana attended a memorial service

戴安娜王妃参加了著名设计师

for the fashion designer Gianni Versace.

詹尼·范思哲的葬礼

(Man) '... where another royal controversy sparkles.'

最近又爆出一件皇室丑闻

...was embroiled in a second controversy this week.

这是本周她第二次被卷入...

I am not a political figure.

我并不是一个政治人物

Princess Diana sailed out into the Mediterranean

戴安娜又出现在地中海的游艇上

in one of Mr Mohamed Al Fayed's yachts today.

该游艇属于费亚得先生

- With his son. ...quarter of a million pounds

- 和他的儿子 无数记者的照片都拍到了

for photographs which appear to show the couple embracing.

他俩拥抱的场景

Once again, her judgement's under scrutiny.

她再一次被详细审查

巴黎,1997830

(lndistinct chatter)

(Speaks German)

Earlier today, they visited the...

今天早些时候,他们参观了...

(Speaks French)

(Engines rev)

(Telephone rings)

Robin Janvrin.

罗宾·金佛林

What?

什么?

(lndistinct chatter)

Tell Sir Guy I want everyone in ASAP.

告诉卫兵让所有大臣立即赶过来

(Knocking)

Ma'am? Ma'am?

女皇陛下?女皇陛下?

- Yes? - Ma'am, Mr Janvrin is here to see you.

- 怎么? - 女皇陛下,金佛林先生要见你

What?

什么?

Oh.

Good evening ma'am.

晚上好,女皇陛下

I'm sorry to disturb, but I've just had a call from our embassy in Paris.

实在抱歉这么晚打扰您 我刚刚接到法国大使馆打来的紧急电话

- It's the Princess of Wales. - Why? What's she done now?

- 查尔斯的妻子 - 她又做什么了?

I see. Er... Who are we speaking to there?

我知道了,嗯... 我们应该怎么办

Right, well, keep me updated.

好吧,有消息马上通知我

It's Diana. She's been in a car accident in Paris.

戴安娜出事了 她在巴黎遇到了车祸

Is it serious?

严重吗?

Apparently Dodi Fayed is dead.

多得·费亚得已经身亡

'Let's recap on the details of those injuries, Maxine.'

玛克辛,让我来看下事故的最新消息

'They're saying the Princess is in the intensive care unit

据称王妃目前在巴黎南部的一个 急救中心抢救

'of a southeast Paris hospital.

- 'She has concussion, a broken arm... ' - Why was she in Paris?

- 她脑部受到了震荡,手臂严重受伤 - 她怎么在巴黎?

- I thought she was in London. - You know what she's like.

- 我还以为她在伦敦 - 你了解她的个性

Charles, isn't this awful?

查尔斯,这真是太令人难过了

- What will you do about the boys? - Let them sleep until we know more.

- 怎么对孩子们说 - 先看看事态发展,先让他们睡觉

- Yes, that's sensible. - I should go to Paris.

- 嗯,只能这样 - 我必须去巴黎

I told my people to organise a jet.

我让人去准备专机

- What, a private one? - Yes.

- 私人飞机? -

Isn't that the sort of extravagance they attack us for?

难道是用来打仗的战斗机?

(Charles) How else can I get to Paris at this time of night?

不然在这个时候我怎么去巴黎?

Charles, dear, use the royal flight.

查尔斯,用皇家专机吧

They keep one plane on permanent standby

军方始终备着一架飞机供皇室使用的

in case I should kick the bucket.

以防紧急情况

No, Mummy, he can't. This isn't a matter of state.

不行,妈妈,现在又不是国家遇到了危机

What are you talking about?

你这么说什么意思?

Diana is not one of the royal family. She's not an HRH.

戴安娜现在不是皇室成员了, 也就不再是殿下

- It's a private matter. - She's mother to your grandchildren.

- 这只是一件家事 - 她是你孙子的母亲

What is happening now?

你俩不要吵了

I don't know. I can't hear. Everyone's shouting.

别吵了,我什么也听不见

- Thanks for coming in. - The ambassador from Paris.

- 感谢你的到来 - 驻巴黎大使馆的电话

Good evening, sir.

晚上好

(Knocking)

谁?

Yes?

I've just spoken to our ambassador in Paris, ma'am.

我刚刚和驻巴黎大使通过电话,女皇陛下

I'm afraid it's not good news.

有个不大好的消息

No!

不可能!

No...

怎么可能

No. No. No.

不,不

No.

Diana, Princess of Wales, has died after a car crash in Paris.

戴安娜,查尔斯王子的妻子 在巴黎遭遇车祸,不幸逝世

The French government announced her death this morning.

法国政府今天凌晨5 宣布了她死亡的消息

- What have I got on this week? - Writing your conference speeches.

- 我这周有什么安排 - 写你的大会发言稿

Well, let's cancel everything else.

把其他一切事情取消

This is going to be massive.

这件事影响巨大

(TV) 'Her death was confirmed by the French... '

法国政府证实了她对我死讯

- I'll make a statement in the morning. - I've started coming up with ideas.

- 我明早要发表公开声明 - 我已经在构思了

- She's only been dead an hour. - Would you prefer I didn't?

- 她才死去一个小时 - 那你宁愿我不事先构思了?

(Charles whispers) Try and be very brave.

勇敢一点,要坚强

They're going to go back to sleep.

他们会继续睡觉的

Try, anyway.

至少试着去

My private secretary's office have found a travel agency in New York

我的私人秘书帮我找到一个纽约的旅游公司

that will sell me a flight to Paris with an hour's stopover in Manchester.

它会安排我在一个小时内在曼彻斯特 乘机去巴黎

Perhaps you might consider if it's an extravagance

也许你又在考虑将一个未来可能成为 英国女王的人用私人飞机送回来

to bring back the mother of the future king of England in one of our planes.

是不是太过奢侈

(Door shuts)

John, I don't want the boys to see the news and get upset.

约翰,我不希望孩子们 看到任何消息而难过

Take the radio from the bedroom and the TV from the nursery.

把卧室的收音机拿走 还有托儿所的电视

Yes, ma'am.

是,女皇陛下

- Well, well, well. - Yes.

- 好了,好了 -

Are you all right?

你没事吧

(Sighs)

你妹妹打电话来了,从托斯卡纳区

Your sister called, from Tuscany.

I hope you told her to cut her holiday short.

但愿你告诉她把假期缩短 快点回来

- I did. - I can't imagine she was pleased.

- 我告诉她了 - 真想不通,她居然还很高兴

- That's putting it mildly. - What did she say?

- 她说得也有些道理 - 她说什么了?

Something about Diana being more annoying dead than alive.

大概是说戴安娜去世比活着还烦人

Never let the boys hear you talk like that.

千万别让孩子们听见你这么说

Of course.

不会的

Something to help you go down?

要吃点安眠药吗?

No, I think I'll write my diary a little longer.

不用,我还要继续写日记

Fine. I'm going to bed.

好吧,我去睡觉了

(Door shuts)

星期日

(Man) 'We've heard nothing official from the palace.

皇宫至今还没发表公开声明

'We don't know when we'll get any statements from the palace

目前仍不得知皇宫将于何时发表声明

'or when the royal family are due.'

或许不会发表

That's how she will remain, in our minds, our hearts, forever.

她将活在我们脑海里 我们心中,直到永远

- OK? Got it. - (Alastair) 'Where will you do it? '

- 好吗?明白 - 你将在哪里讲话

- At the church, on the way in. - I'll organise it.

- 在教堂 - 我来安排

(TV) 'Viscount Althorp, Diana's brother... '

阿尔索普子爵,戴安娜的弟弟

Hang on. I want to watch this.

等会再说,我看看这个

(Althorp) 'This is not a time for recriminations, but for sadness.

(阿尔索普)现在不是问责的时候 而应该为她哀悼

'However, I would say I always believed the press would kill her in the end.

尽管如此,我还是要说我一直都担心 媒体早晚会害死她

'Not even I imagined they would take such a direct hand in her death

但我也未曾想到他们这么直接的 令她身亡

'as seems to be the case.

他们的所作所为大家有目共睹

'Lt would appear that every proprietor and editor of every publication

所有为获取照片而不择手段的 经营商、编辑、记者

'that paid for intrusive photographs of her has blood on his hands today.'

你们的双手都沾满了鲜血

Not the press, mate. You've got the wrong villain.

伙计,不是媒体的错 寻错仇人了

Tony...

托尼...

- Oh. Got to go. - You about to speak to the Queen?

- 我要走了 - 你要去见女王?

- Yeah. - Ask her if she greased the brakes.

- 是的 - 问问她刹车上油了没?

Now, now.

走了走了

Thanks.

谢谢

- Hello? - (Woman) 'Putting you through.'

- 你好? - 正在为您接通

Oh... Right, OK.

... 好的

- Is the Prince of Wales with the boys? - Yes, ma'am.

- 查尔斯王子和孩子们在一起吗? - 是的,女皇陛下

- Good. And he's going to Paris? - Yes.

- 很好。他要去巴黎? -

I'm sorry to disturb, ma'am... Ma'am...

抱歉,打扰下,女皇陛下... 女皇陛下...

...but I have the Prime Minister for you, from his constituency.

首相要找您,他在宫邸

Lucky you.

祝你好运

Thank you, Robin. I'll take it in the study.

谢谢你,罗宾 我去书房接电话

- (Tony) 'Your Majesty.' - Prime Minister.

- (托尼) 女王陛下 - 首相

May I say how very sorry I am.

首先我深表同情

The thoughts and prayers of my family are with you at this terrible time,

在这个危难时刻,我以及我的家人 都会和你在一起给予诚挚的支持

and with the princes in particular.

尤其是查尔斯王子

Thank you.

谢谢你

(Tony) 'ls it your intention to make some kind of appearance or statement? '

(托尼)你是否有意就此事公开发表声明

No. No, certainly not.

不会,不会,绝对不会

No-one in the royal family will speak publicly. This is a private matter.

皇室里所有成员都不会的 这只是家事

We would appreciate it if it could be respected as such.

希望你能尊重我们的决定

I see.

我知道了

I don't suppose anyone's thought about the funeral.

我想此时还没人考虑过葬礼的事

We've spoken with the Spencer family, and it is their express wish

我们已经和斯宾塞家族的人谈过了 他们希望,他们亲自说的

that this should be a private funeral with a memorial service to follow.

应该举行私人葬礼,开一个追悼会

Right.

好的

As Diana was no longer a member of the royal family,

既然戴安娜不再是皇室成员

we must respect their wishes.

我们别无选择,必须尊重他们的意愿

I see.

明白

'You don't feel that in view of her high profile and popularity,'

我觉得我们应该考虑下她高调的言行 和在群众中的号召力

it might be an idea to pay tribute to her life and achievements,

我想最好还是公开赞扬她所取得的成就吧

or even just to her as a mother?

或者仅仅以母亲的身份

Well, as I said, it's her family's wish.

我说过了,这是她家人的意愿

And the public, ma'am, the British people?

但是公众呢,女皇陛下? 所有的英国人民?

'You don't think that might be denying them a chance... '

你觉得不应该给于大众一个机会...

A chance to what?

一个什么机会?

(Tony) 'To share in the grief? '

(托尼) 共同为她哀悼的机会

This is a family funeral, Mr Blair, not a fairground attraction.

我重申一次,这是私人葬礼,布莱尔先生 并不是什么露天盛会

I think the Princess has already paid a high enough price

王妃是被媒体所害

for exposure to the press, don't you?

难道还要让她再继续曝光于媒体之下吗?

If there's nothing else, the children have to be looked after.

如果没其它事,我要去看孩子了

- Of course. Goodbye, Your Maj... - (Hangs up)

好的,再见,女王...

Her instinct is to do nothing,

她居然不打算有任何动作

say nothing, and give her a private funeral.

也不发表任何声明 仅仅举行一个私人葬礼

Are you surprised? She hated her guts.

这有什么奇怪的 她恨王妃到骨子里了

I think it's a mistake.

我觉得她这样处理极其不妥

They screwed up her life. I hope they don't screw up her death.

他们毁了她的生活 我可不希望他们连她的去世也毁了

Where can I get a black tie?

我到哪里去买黑领带

Oh, the chaplain called.

牧师来电话了

He asked if he should make any changes in the service,

他问需不需要有所变动

any special mention of Diana.

要不要特别提下戴安娜

What did you say?

你怎么回答?

- I told him not to change a thing. - Quite right.

- 我让他按原计划办 - 很好

The less attention drawn to it, the better, for the boys.

我觉得越低调越好 至少对孩子们来说是这样

Yes.

We should find some company for them, some young people.

应该为他们找个伴,年轻点的

I'll take them for a long walk up Craggy Head.

我带他们去爬山

Yes, but no guns, Philip. It is Sunday.

好,但是别带枪,菲利普 今天是星期天

We're going, I believe, to Sedgefield, the Prime Minister's constituency,

我们接下来关注塞奇菲尔德 我相信首相即将在那里

where he is about to make a statement.

发表公开声明

'Yes, the Prime Minister coming now with his wife, Cherie.'

首相和她妻子,切丽正走向台前

Yeah, well, apart from that?

好吧,远离什么?

He's on. Alastair, he's on! Come on!

开始了,阿拉斯泰尔,开始了,快来看!

'Though her own life was often sadly touched by tragedy,

尽管她的一生悲剧不断,

'she touched the lives of so many others'

她仍然感动了无数人

in Britain and throughout the world...

不仅在英国,甚至全世界

...with joy and with comfort.

她给予人民快乐与抚慰

'The people everywhere, not just here in Britain, everywhere,

所有人,包括英国人,世界其他人民

'they kept faith with Princess Diana.

他们将永远缅怀戴安娜王妃

'They liked her. They loved her.

因为他们喜欢她,他们爱她

'They regarded her as one of the people.

他们把她当作人民中的一员

'She was the people's princess...

她是人民的公主...

'... and that's how she will... stay,

她将活在我们

'how she will remain...

脑海里

'... in our hearts and in our memories... forever.'

心底,直到永远

A bit over the top, don't you think?

有点过头了,你们认为呢?

(TV) 'The Prime Minister, paying his tribute to the Princess of Wales.'

首相高度赞扬了王妃的功绩

The people of Britain, he said, kept faith with Princess Diana.

他说,英国的民众都将深深缅怀戴安娜王妃

They loved her. She was the people's princess.

他们深爱着她,因为她是人民的公主

巴黎某医院

- Do we have the Royal Standard? - Yes, sir.

- 还记得皇室规矩吗? - 当然

- And flowers? - Yes, sir.

- 花呢? - 准备好了

If we left it to the royal undertakers, they'd bring her back in a crate.

很好,要是交给皇室成员来办理 他们将用破飞机载她回去

(lnaudible)

- (Phone rings) - Hello?

(Man) 'This is Lord Airlie. May I speak to the Prime Minister? '

我是阿尔利王爵 我想找首相

One moment, please. Lord Airlie.

稍等,阿尔利王爵

The Lord Chamberlain in charge of the funeral.

阿尔利王爵是负责葬礼安排的

You're meeting him at the airport.

你将在机场见到他

- Lord Airlie. - Good afternoon, Prime Minister.

- 阿尔利王爵 - 下午好,首相

It's my job to organise all the ceremonial events.

葬礼的事宜由我负责

There's no precedent for the funeral of an ex-HRH.

之前还没有为前殿下举行葬礼的先例

Perhaps we should plan for any contingency.

也许我们得制定个周密的计划 以防意外

I propose a meeting tomorrow morning at Buckingham Palace,

我建议明天早上在白金汉宫召开个会议

'officials from all three palaces, representatives of the Spencer family,'

其他官员以及斯宾塞家族代表都会参加

the emergency services and your people.

还有特别行动组以及你的代表

Absolutely. Of course.

当然,没问题

(Phone beeps)

Precedent? Where do they find these people?

先例? 都是些什么人啊?

Thank you.

谢谢

Brigadier Sir Charles Wood.

陆军准将查尔斯·伍德爵士

Air Commodore Wessex.

- Prime Minister. - I'm so sorry, sir.

- 首相 - 深表同情,先生

If there's anything I or my government can do...

要是政府能帮什么忙

They stood up as we drove past, in cafés, in restaurants,

他们一直形影不离,开车也好 在咖啡馆还是在宾馆也好

removed their hats.

让他们别再跟着了

This was Paris, and you could hear a pin drop.

那是巴黎而已,有什么危险?

- I imagine it will be the same here. - The palace prefers a private funeral.

- 恐怕在这里还是得一样 - 皇室希望这只是一个私人葬礼

- What are your feelings on that? - I...

- 你认为呢? - ...

I think that'll present us with difficulties.

这样让我很为难

So do I.

彼此彼此

My mother... The Queen comes from a generation not best equipped.

我的母亲,女王陛下 在战乱时仓促登基

She grew up in the war.

经历过炮火纷飞的年代

I think what we need, what this country needs,

我认为此时我们需要的 这个国家需要的

is a more modern perspective, if you follow.

需要一个善于变通的更加贴近现实的 处理方式,你明白吗?

- Balmoral is... - I think I understand.

- 巴尔莫勒尔堡过于... - 我了解

(Marching feet)

(Man) 'An aircraft of the Queen's Flight brought the Princess's body home,

今天早上女王的专机将王妃的遗体运送回来

'where the Prime Minister gathered with members of his government.

首相以及随行官员到机场等候

'A black hearse crossed the Tarmac

黑色的灵车穿过停机坪

'and a Royal Air Force guard of honour moved forward.'

皇家空军卫队的一名警卫在前面指引

Has anyone heard from the Spencers? Did they say when the funeral will be?

有什么关于斯宾塞的消息吗? 他们有没有说葬礼什么时候举行?

Hmm? I don't know. Nobody tells me anything.

我不知道 没有人说过

(Man) 'President Clinton heard the news last night.'

克林顿总统得知消息后

'We liked her very much.

我们都很喜欢她的为人

'We admired her work for children, for people with AIDS

对于她为世界儿童以及艾滋病患者所作的努力 我深为敬佩

'for ending the scourge of land mines... '

On our walk today, one of the gillies said he'd seen a stag up Craggy Head.

今天在散步途中,一名侍从说他看到 一只牡鹿出没

- He reckoned 14 points. - Oh.

- 估计有140公斤 -

We haven't had one as big as that on the estate for years.

好多年没在庄园看见这么大的了

No. Quite.

绝对没有过

'... and I was tremendously impressed... '

我对...记忆犹新

Anyway, I thought it might be a good distraction.

不管怎样,我认为这将分散孩子的注意力

- For the boys. - What, stalking?

什么,围捕?

- You don't think it's too soon? - Anything that gets them out is good.

- 难道你不认为为时过早? - 把他们带出去总归是好的

(Man) '... as their relationship deteriorated,

随着他们关系的恶化

'she became increasingly unhappy.

她越来越不开心

'The couple divorced in August of last year.

他们去年八月离婚

(Man) 'Their love story brought crowds into the streets.

他们的爱情童话使得所有人都竞相目睹

'They came to see the Queen and the Prince,

他们期待着看见王子与公主

'but most of all, they came to see Diana.'

但是大多数人是冲着戴安娜王妃来的

- I'm going to bed. - (Man) 'But the fairytale was destined... '

- 我去睡觉了 - 童话最终破灭了

I'll ring the Lord Chamberlain's office

我打电话给阿尔利王爵

to say we'll send representatives to the meeting.

告诉他明天早上我们也会派代表参加会议

Thank you, Stephen.

谢谢,斯蒂芬

星期一

She gave us so much.

她给予我们如此之多

Why couldn't we have given her something and left her alone?

为什么我们不能回报她 让她安息

It just... hurts me so much.

我实在太伤心了

I've never experienced anything like this.

从未经历过这种事情

I wait to wake up, like it's a bad dream.

我一直认为这是个噩梦

(Gavel bangs)

Right, it's ten o'clock. Let's get started.

已经10点了,开始吧

Thank you all for coming at such short notice.

谢谢你们在这么短的时间赶过来

I think we all agree that this is a sensitive occasion,

我想大家都知道目前是个敏感时期

which presents us with tremendous challenges -

随之而来将有很多挑战

logistically, constitutionally, practically,

后勤上的,与宪法有关的,详细安排上的

diplomatically and procedurally.

外交上的以及程序上的

(Whispers) Oh, Christ.

废话连篇

After 18 years of opposition, I am proud to stand before you

经过18年漫长的反对党生涯, 作为新任首相,如今我自豪地...

as the new Prime Minister...

Labour Prime Minister.

工党首相

I want to set an ambitious course to modernise this country,

我将致力于推行新政策促进改革 使国家变得更加民主

to breathe new life into old institutions,

废除陋习,大胆革新

to make privilege something for the many, not the few.

为最广大人民群众谋利益 而非少数团体

You think the royals are nutters? You should meet their flunkies.

你觉得皇室成员都是疯子? 那你是没见到那些奴才

Two and a half hours to choose between a hearse or a gun carriage.

整整两个半小时就为争论到底 是用灵柩还是持枪护卫的马车

You got raves in the press. This calls you "The nation's mourner in chief."

不论如何,你得到了媒体的广泛赞誉 这家报社将你称为“国家的哀悼者”

This lot says you correctly judged the country's mood.

这篇说只有你正视了人民的呼声

- Hello? - Even The Mail was impressed.

连邮报都对你赞不绝口

People's princess, mate. You owe me.

人民的公主,兄弟 你欠我个人情

- Gordon for you. - Tell him to hang on.

- 戈登找你 - 让他等会

Alastair...

阿拉斯泰尔...

- Is it going to be a public funeral? - Yeah. Saturday.

- 既然他们意识到了,现在是绝对举行公开葬礼吗? - 是的,星期六

- It's a whopper. The Abbey, the works. - Great.

- 到时场面肯定蔚为壮观 - 太好了

- Has anyone told the Queen? - I don't know.

- 此事已经告知女王了吗? - 不清楚

No doubt some flunky will be dispatched, grovelling on all fours.

不过毋庸置疑的是肯定有人会被骂得狗血淋头 四脚并用地爬在地上

Do you think it's wise for the boys to go stalking?

让孩子们去围猎合适吗?

(Queen Mother) Anything that gets them out is good.

只要让他们走出户外都是有益的

Maybe they shouldn't take guns.

或许不应该让他们带枪去

If a photographer saw them, it might send the wrong signal.

要是被记者看见 他们又会瞎写一气

If there is a photographer out there, he could be the first kill of the day.

要是真有记者敢来 他肯定第一个被射死

I see Mr Fayed was buried last night.

昨晚我看到新闻,费亚得先生已经下葬了

At midnight. No cameras, no fuss.

半夜举行的,没有拍照,非常低调

Very dignified.

但是很庄重威严

Why do they do that? Why do they bury the bodies so soon after death?

他们怎么这么快就把遗体埋葬了?

Islamic tradition.

伊斯兰传统

- Something to do with the heat. - Mmm.

- 跟人的能量有关啥的 -

It stops the body decomposing.

这样就能防止尸体腐化

- (Knocking) - Come in.

请进

Good morning, ma'am. Ma'am.

早上好,女皇陛下。女皇陛下

Yes, Robin? What can we do for you?

怎么,罗宾?有什么事?

Er... ma'am, there was a meeting at the palace this morning.

... 女皇陛下,今天早上在皇宫开了个会

About the funeral arrangements. Yes.

关于葬礼事宜安排的

The Lord Chamberlain faxed these plans for you to consider.

阿尔利王爵将最后定下来的计划传真来了 请您过目

There is now general agreement, ma'am,

女皇陛下,目前大家已经达成共识

that a public funeral would be more appropriate.

还是举行公开葬礼比较合适

I see.

And what form will this funeral take?

那么葬礼采取什么形式

At the moment, they're suggesting...

基于现状,他们建议...

and, of course, these are early days,

尽管目前时日尚早

basing it on Tay Bridge.

他们建议用“泰河桥”方案

- Tay Bridge? - What?

- 泰河桥? - 真的?

Tay Bridge is the code name for my funeral.

泰河桥是为我今后的葬礼所取得代号

Indeed, ma'am,

的确

but it would be for practical reasons only.

但这是目前唯一能够实现的

It's the only one which has been rehearsed,

这是唯一在之前演练过的

the only one that could be put together in time.

只有这样准备工作才来得及

But I supervised those plans myself.

但是我已经审阅修改过方案了

Indeed, and the Lord Chamberlain was at pains to stress

是的,阿尔利王爵也十分为难

that the spirit of the occasion will be quite different.

但是他强调葬礼的主旨将会修改

For example, the suggestion is that instead of 400 soldiers,

例如,他们建议让400名王妃慈善团体代表

400 representatives of the Princess's charities march behind the coffin.

替代在灵柩后护送的400名士兵

And, instead of foreign heads of state and crowned heads of Europe,

还有,除了政府首脑以及欧洲其他皇室成员外

the guests would include a sprinkling of actors of stage and screen,

邀请的嘉宾还包括影视明星

fashion designers and other... celebrities.

服装设计师,还有其他...社会名流

Celebrities?

社会名流?

Oh.

Er... was there anything else?

... 还有其他事吗?

No, ma'am.

没有,女皇陛下

Oh, yes, one other thing.

对了,还有一件事

The police commissioner was keen that you consider

警署总督十分渴望

the idea of a condolence book.

你能考虑制作一本吊唁册

It would give the growing crowds something to do,

让聚集在门外的人群有事可做

make marshalling them easier.

这样更容易引导他们

Oh, yes. Yes, of course.

噢,好的,我会考虑

- Oh, and the flowers. - What flowers?

- 还有花 - 什么花?

The flowers outside Buckingham Palace.

白金汉宫门口的

They're blocking the main gate,

已经阻塞大门了

and making things difficult for the changing of the guard.

警卫不能正常换班

Fine. Just move them away.

那就把花移走

The Lord Chamberlain was wondering whether we shouldn't leave the flowers

阿尔利王爵认为我们应该不去动它们

and send the guards through the north gate.

让警卫从北门换班

Oh, yes. Yes, of course.

噢。好的,可以

Yes, quite right.

嗯,这样更合理

(Knocking)

Stephen Lamport on One.

史蒂芬·兰帕德,1号线

- Who? - Prince of Wales's private secretary.

- 谁啊? - 查尔斯王子的私人秘书

- Balmoral. - He says it's urgent.

- 巴尔莫勒尔堡的 - 他说很紧急

It's all right.

好的

- Good morning. - Good morning, Prime Minister.

- 早上好 - 早上好,首相

The Prince of Wales has asked me to thank you for your kind words.

查尔斯王子让我对你的声明表达敬意

Not at all.

应该的

The Prince feels that you and he are both modern men

王子觉得你和他都是观念开放的人

of similar mind,

想法比较一致

who could work well together at this difficult time.

他希望此时能与你合作,共度难关

Er... well, please thank His Highness,

... 非常感谢

and assure him he can count on my full support...

我向他保证无论何时

...at all times.

我都会全力支持他

- Was that it? - Er... yes.

- 是这个意思吗? - 是的

Goodbye.

再见

Bizarre.

难以捉摸

- Why is Charles doing this? - What?

- 查尔斯为什么这么做? - 怎么?

Creeping up to me like this, banging on about being modern.

尽力向我靠拢 还说他观念开放

He did it at the airport.

他在机场时也这么说,让我去应付他母亲

He knows that if the Queen gets it wrong over Diana,

因为他知道女王对戴安娜成见很深

the royals will become public enemy Number One.

这将导致皇室成为头号敌人

- He's terrified of being shot. - Who, Charles?

- 他害怕成为攻击的目标 - 谁,查尔斯?

His people have asked for extra protection.

他的手下已经要求增派人力保护

He thinks if he's seen to be on our side,

他希望别人以为他和我们一边

that will leave the Queen in the firing line.

这样就把女王推到了火线上

So it's OK for his mother to take the bullet and not him?

让她母亲来当挡箭牌?

What a family!

什么家庭!

- Wait. Where are they? - Up at Craggy Head.

- 等等,他们在哪? - 在后山顶

- I'll come with you. - In you go.

- 我和你一起去 - 上车吧

- Do you want me to drive? - No. Certainly not.

- 要我来开车吗? - 不用

(Engine starts)

- I thought you were getting a new one? - What for? It's perfectly all right.

- 我还以为你要买辆新的呢 - 为什么?这车还好好的

I was thinking what Diana might have done

昨晚我在想换作是我死在巴黎街头

had it been me that died in the tunnel in Paris.

戴安娜会怎么做

She would have taken the boys to Paris. I regret not doing that.

她肯定会带孩子一起去巴黎 如今我很后悔没去

What, and expose them to the media?

去做什么?让媒体大拍一通?

That would have been dreadful. They're better off here.

那将更加可怕 还好没去

It's private. They're protected.

那是她个人的事情 孩子应该得到保护

Whatever you thought of Diana, she was a wonderful mother.

不管你对戴安娜有什么偏见 她都是个优秀的母亲

She adored those boys, and never let them forget it.

她很宠爱孩子们 孩子们也很喜欢她

Always warm, physical, never afraid to show her feelings.

热心关怀他人,非常理性 对人率直、诚恳

Especially if a photographer was in sight.

尤其是在记者面前

She may have encouraged all that, but still...

是与她个性有关,但是她...

that was the extraordinary thing about her -

她的为人仍然令人钦佩

her weaknesses and transgressions only made the public love her more.

她的缺点,她不守陈规 都让公众更加喜爱她

Yet ours only make them hate us. Why do they hate us?

然而我们的所作所为却让人憎恨 为什么呢?

- Not us, dear. - What?

- 不是我们 - 啥?

Yesterday, when we brought the coffin back,

昨天当我们运会灵柩的时候

there was a noise, a bang, and I thought it was a gun.

突然传来“嘣”的一声 我还以为你枪声

I thought someone had taken a shot at me.,

我以为是有人想刺杀我

I think I'm going to walk back.

我想我还是走路回去吧

- I don't feel like stalking. - Are you sure?

- 我不想去围猎了 - 真的不去?

I'll take the dogs.

狗跟我走

Walkies? Yes!

要散步么?快下来!

(Dogs bark)

Who knows the way home? Come on.

知道回家的路吧,快走

(Man) 'Do you think you will ever be queen? '

你有想过有朝一日成为女王吗?

No, I don't. No.

没有,从未想过

Why do you think that?

为什么?

I'd like to be a queen of people's hearts, in people's hearts,

我想成为人们心中的女王

'but I don't see myself being queen of this country.

而非整个国家的女王

'I don't think many people want me to be queen.

我想很多人也不会希望我这样的

'By many people, I mean the establishment I married into,

这里说的很多人,是指由于婚姻关系 所结识的

'because they've decided that I'm a non-starter.'

他们早就觉得我是毫无希望的人

Charles and I had a talk in the car today.

查尔斯今天在车上和我谈话了

He was good enough to share his thoughts on motherhood.

很高兴他能与他母亲开诚布公

- What did he say? - How wonderful Diana was.

- 他说什么? - 大捧戴安娜的好

That's changing his tune.

他怎么突然转变口气了

He thought her natural.

他觉得她很随性

(Diana) 'They see me as a threat of some kind.'

他们把握看成是一种威胁

Oh, for God's sake!

不可理喻

Maybe he's got a point. Maybe we are partly to blame.

也许他讲的有点道理 我们也有点责任

Oh, I can't watch this.

不要再看这个了

No, no. Wait. Please, no, leave it.

别,等等,我还要看看

(Diana) 'I don't go by a rule book. I lead from the heart, not the head,

我常常不按规矩行事 我是用心去做,而不是先考虑得失

'and it's got me into trouble in my work.'

这使我工作上遇到很多麻烦

We encouraged the match.

我们当时很赞同他俩的婚姻

We signed off on it, both of us.

我们都在婚约上签字了

You were very enthusiastic, remember?

你当时还热情万丈,记得吗?

She was a nice girl. Then.

她是个好女孩,那个时候

And I was sure he'd give the other one up,

我当时确信他已经放弃另外一个

or at least make sure his wife toed the line.

他应该使他的妻子循规蹈矩

- Isn't that what everyone does? - Is it?

- 这是每个男人应该做的 - 是吗?

(Man) 'Was Mrs Parker Bowles a factor in the breakdown of your marriage? '

帕克·鲍尔斯夫人与你的婚姻破裂有关吗?

'There were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded.'

这场婚姻牵扯到三个人,太拥挤了

I can't bear it. If you're watching, I'll sleep next door.

无法忍受了,你还要看的话 我到隔壁去睡了

- Early start tomorrow. - Any luck with your stag?

- 明天还要早起 - 打到那只牧鹿了吗?

No. But close, a couple of hundred yards at one point.

没,差点就射中了 最近时只有几百码

One of the boys even got a shot off.

其中一个孩子还开火了

We'll get him tomorrow.

明天一定射中

See you in the morning.

明天见

Not to worry. Night-night.

别担心,晚安

(Man) '... and with her obsession with the belief

她确信查尔斯王子

'that Charles loved a woman he'd fallen for years before, Camilla... '

又爱上了他的初恋情人后,她...

# Heaven

# 天堂

# Must be missing an angel

# 一定想念一位天使了

# Missing an angel, child

# 想念她

# Cos you're here with me right now... #

# 因为她正与我们在一起... #

The good news is the palace agreed to video screens.

星期二 好消息,皇室同意进行摄像了

- And the bad news? - Crash barriers.

- 坏消息呢? - 防护不够

- What about them? - They expect over two million people.

- 怎么说? - 初步估计有超过200万人

There aren't enough barriers,

没有足够的保护措施

so we've gone cap in hand to the French for theirs.

因此我们还得求助于法国政府

There's something else I think you should see.

还有点东西我想你最好看看

Can we run that piece again?

重新播一遍

- (Woman) Of course. - You'll love this.

- 好的 - 你一定会大吃一惊

- '... find their behaviour disgraceful.' - (Man) 'What do you think? '

- 她的行为真的很没人情味 - 你认为呢?

'I think it's disgusting that they've not said a word relating to all this.'

实在是令人伤心,他们居然一句话都不说

- Look, I know all this. - Wait for it.

- 我知道这些情况 - 马上,精彩部分

(Woman) '... not to have a flag up. I think it's a disgrace on the royal family.'

居然连旗都不升,皇室会因此而蒙羞

'OK, the Queen's not in residence, but where is the flag?

不管女王在没在这里,旗帜呢?

'Do you see what I'm saying about the establishment? '

你知道我的意思吗?

Don't tell me there isn't a flag at half mast over Buckingham Palace.

难道白金汉宫连半旗都没升

'Dodi, when them two were together, it was a fairy tale come true.'

多德,当他俩举行婚礼时 所有人都认为是童话变成现实了

Will someone please save these people from themselves?

该有人去解救这些民众

- Fine, I'll call Balmoral. - Planet Zog?

- 我马上致电巴尔莫勒尔堡 - 火星上的?

I've really got nothing better to do.

我也无计可施

Come on, dogs. Come on.

快来

Those fire lighters all right? A bit damp?

引火的木材还好吧 是不是太湿了?

Oh, well, I brought some stew just in case.

刚好我带了些炖肉

- It's lamb. We can have that cold. - No, we'll be all right.

- 是羊羔肉,不用加热 - 不用了,现在不饿

Stay.

别动

Robin had a call from the Prime Minister, who expressed his concern.

罗宾接到首相的电话 首相表达了他的忧虑

- About what? - The flag above Buckingham Palace.

- 关于什么? - 白金汉宫的旗帜

He thinks it should be flying at half mast.

他认为该升半旗

I hope Robin said there isn't a flag above Buckingham Palace.

希望罗宾告诉他白金汉宫本来就没旗帜

There's the Royal Standard, which flies to denote the presence of the monarch.

皇室规矩,只有在纪念君主时才升旗

Since you're here, the flagpole is bare, just as it should be.

既然你尚在,旗杆就应该是空的

Isn't it possible that for some people, the Royal Standard is just a flag,

就没人考虑下变通 不过是一面旗帜

and the flagpole being bare sends out the wrong signal?

旗杆空立在那里会发出错误信号

- No, that's not the point. - The point is it's over 400 years old.

- 关键不在这里 - 旗杆都在那立了400

It's never been lowered for anyone.

还从未为任何人降半旗

Your grandfather didn't get the flat at half mast when he died,

你的祖父去世也没有

and if your mother died tomorrow, she wouldn't either.

就算你母亲明天去世,也不会

Yes, Granny, but in a situation like this, one has to be flexible.

是的,奶奶 但是基于现状,必须灵活处理

It is just a flag.

不过是一面旗帜

"What about the Union Jack?" Was Mr Blair's next suggestion.

布莱尔的第二个建议是 “要不悬挂英国国旗?”

For heaven's sake!

天啊!

Next, he'll suggest you change your name to Hilda.

他下个建议是不是让你改名为希尔达

Who does the think he's talking to? You're the sovereign.

他以为自己是谁 你才是君主,一国之主

You don't get dictated to. You conceded the idea of a public funeral.

你不受他指使 举行公开葬礼,你已经做出让步了

You've opened the parks. That's enough.

别让他们得寸进尺

Ssh. The boys.

孩子们在

You wait. In 48 hours, this will all have calmed down.

等着瞧,48小时内 一定会恢复平静的

(Dogs bark)

吊唁排队处

戴安娜,被婚姻所蒙骗

In one sense, it's comforting.

给人的第一感觉很欣慰

Now, my parents can see what it's been like for me,

这下我的父母知道让我来抵挡她的魅力

being up against her popularity.

有多么困难了

They're still making the mistake of thinking the Diana they knew

他们还是以为他们所认识的戴安娜

will eventually be the one seen by the public, but it won't.

和公众眼中的一样 完全不同

The two Dianas, the public's and ours, bear no relation to one another at all.

公众眼中的和我们眼中的戴安娜 简直就是完全不同的两个人

The flag of St George, it is at half mast over Highgrove?

已经降半旗了吧?

- Yes, sir. - Get a picture of that in the papers.

- 是的 - 拍照立即见报

I'll get onto it, call in a few favours.

我马上打电话,找人帮忙

What about a statement of gratitude to the crowds?

对聚集的民众发表下感言如何

Something heartfelt from myself and the boys,

一些发自肺腑的话语

thanking people for the flowers and so on.

感谢人们送花,或者其它俄

Right.

'Di was wonderful, because she stood up to the establishment.

戴安娜很受欢迎,因为她敢于与旧俗斗争 敢为天下人之不敢为

'She said, "You're elitist people we are paying to be better than us,

她常说,“你们是最优秀的人才”

"'and you have to get out among the people."

你需要做的就是勇敢地站出来

'We have a wonderful Prime Minister, Tony Blair,

我们有一个受大众喜爱的首相 托尼·布莱尔

'is such a breath of fresh air,

他有自己的原则 为政坛带来了新鲜血液

'and I feel he will do something... '

我认为他将...

- (Cherie) Is this the stirrings of... - What?

- 是不是很激动人心... - 什么?

I don't know. Something more interesting.

不知道,越来越有趣了

Maybe people will see them for what they are.

也许这次人们会彻底了解他们

Which is?

是?

A bunch of freeloading, emotionally retarded nutters.

专拣便宜的反应迟钝的傻子

- That's just absurd. - Why?

- 别瞎说 - 怎么?

They live in a cocoon of wealth and they don't pay tax.

他们的钱财多如牛毛 还不需要纳税

- Yes, they do. - The Queen costs us 40 million a year.

- 要的 - 女王每年花费30004000

If you want a serious conversation about the constitution.

如果你又想讨论这个国家的民主体制

We don't have one.

我们没民主体制

About ways in which we could phase out hereditary privileges, then fine.

讨论怎么样逐步淘汰世袭制,没啥好谈的

- If you're leaving, take the plates. - Forget the 'off with their heads' bit.

- 你要出去的话把盘子带走 - 再也不要提这件事

- Why? - It insults your intelligence.

- 为啥? - 与你的智商不符

'The Queen cannot be expected to change.'

女王是绝对不能替代的

It's unimaginable, this country being a republic.

要让这个国家变成共和体制 是绝对不可能的

- Certainly in her lifetime. - Why?

- 至少在她的任期内是这样 - 为什么?

Because no-one would wear it. No-one wants it.

因为没人能够接受,也没人打算这样

It's just... daft.

这种想法太...愚蠢了

- It's not a mother thing, is it? - What?

- 这跟处理与母亲的关系有点雷同,不是吗? - 怎么说?

Well, if she were alive now, your mother would be the same age.

如果她还在世的话,你母亲和女王年纪差不多

You always say how stoical she was -

你常常说她很古板固执

old-fashioned, uncomplaining, lived through the war.

守旧,对于战争创收默默忍耐

- Who does that sound like? - I'm going to do the washing up.

- 这些话是谁说的? - 我去洗盘子了

That's the stalking party off.

星期三 围猎结束了

Right, we'd better have a look at those papers.

嗯,我们看看报纸怎么写吧

"Show us there's a heart in the house of Windsor," says The Sun.

太阳报说:“给民众展示下你的爱心吧,女皇”

"It's proof the royals are not like us," The Mirror.

镜报说:“事实证明皇室成员非常人也”

"Time to change the old guard at Buckingham Palace," Express.

快报说:“该去除白金汉宫的旧习了”

"One can't help wondering whose advice they are taking,

“不敢想象他们接受的谁的建议

"for it's clearly the wrong advice."

很明显是极其错误的”

I'll try not to take that personally.

就当我没听见

People have yearned for change in this country.

人们很希望国家有所改变

The result is a quiet revolution

最终会演变成一场 所有的改革者,所有英国人民

led by the real modernisers, the British people.

参与的静默的革命

Revolution? Who wrote this?

革命?谁写的?

- Where does this come from? - Where does it come from?

- 你怎么会这样写? - 怎么这样写?

- You've won a huge majority. - People want a change.

- 你已经取得绝对优势 - 人民渴望改变

Why? What did you think it meant?

为什么?你这样说意味着什么?

Hurry, dear. Your tea's getting cold.

快点,你的茶要凉了

- Is that it? - Yes, ma'am.

- 好了吗? - 是的,女皇陛下

Just the letter of condolence to the widow of the ambassador to Brazil.

这是巴西大使的遗孀发来的吊唁信

Thank you.

谢谢

Tea.

(Whispers) Mr Janvrin, the Prime Minister wishes to speak to Her Majesty.

金佛林先生,首相想和女王陛下通话

Ma'am,

女皇陛下

apparently the Prime Minister is on the phone.

首相打电话来了

Tell him to call back.

让他等会再打来

No, no. It's all right. I'll take it.

没关系,我先接电话

- Prime Minister. - Good morning, Your Majesty.

- 首相 - 女王陛下,早上好

Sorry to disturb, but I was wondering if you'd seen today's papers?

抱歉打扰,你看了今天的报纸吗?

We've managed to look at one or two, yes.

看过一两份

(Tony) 'ln which case, my next question would be whether you felt

既然如此,接下来我想问问您

'some kind of response

是否觉得有必要就此

'might be necessary? '

做出回应?

No. I believe a few over-eager editors

不,我认为有些过度热心的编辑

are doing their best to sell newspapers.

挖空心思想要多卖几份报纸而已

It would be a mistake to dance to their tune.

要是被他们牵着鼻子走 那就大错特错了

(Tony) 'Under normal circumstances, I would agree,

在通常情况下,也许我会赞同

'but... Well, my advisors have been'

不过嘛……我的顾问一直

taking the temperature among people on the streets,

关注着街上的人群

and... well, the information I'm getting is that the mood

而且……据我所知,目前人们的情绪

'is quite delicate.'

可是相当地敏感

So, what would you suggest, Prime Minister?

那么你有什么建议,首先生?

- Some kind of a statement? - No, ma'am.

- 发表个声明 - 不,夫人

I believe the moment for statements has passed.

我认为发表声明的时机 已经错过了

'I would suggest flying the flag at half mast above Buckingham Palace...

我建议白金汉宫降半旗

...and coming down to London at the earliest opportunity.

您尽快到伦敦来

'Lt would be of great comfort to your people.'

这对您的子民将是莫大的安慰

And would help them with their grief.

安抚他们的悲痛

"Their grief"?

“他们的悲痛”

If you imagine I'm going to come to London,

如果你认为我会跑去伦敦

before I attend to my grandchildren, who've just lost their mother...

至刚刚失去母亲的孙儿们于不顾

then you're mistaken.

那你就错了

I doubt there is anyone who knows the British people more than I do,

我可不认为有谁 比我更了解英国人民

nor who has greater faith in their wisdom and judgement.

更信任他们的智慧与判断力

And it is my belief that they will, at any moment, reject this... this mood,

我坚信他们随时可能会 开始排斥这种

which is being stirred up by the press

被报纸煽动起来的情绪

in favour of a period of restrained grief

转而抑制悲痛

and sober, private mourning.

私下进行平静的悼念

That's the way we do things in this country -

这就是这个国家的规矩

quietly, with dignity.

冷静而不失高贵

It's what the rest of the world admires us for.

是全世界都钦佩我们的理由

If that's your decision, ma'am, the government will support it.

如果您这么决定的话,陛下 政府将支持您

- Let's keep in touch. - Yes, let's.

- 让我们保持联系 - 好的,就这样

Bloody fool!

这蠢货!

And now your tea's gone cold.

现在你的茶都凉了

(Knocking)

Tony, Robin Janvrin on One. He was listening in.

托尼,罗宾·金佛林在一线 他刚才一直在听

Robin?

罗宾?

I understand how difficult her behaviour must seem to you,

我完全理解她的表现 在你看来是多么地棘手

but try and see it from her perspective.

不过请试着从她的角度来想想

She's been brought up to believe it's God's will.

她从小到大被灌输的就是 相信上帝的旨意

'She is who she is.'

她生来就该如此

I think we should leave God out of it. It's just not helpful.

我认为我们不该把宗教扯进来 这毫无益处

She hasn't seen anything like this since the abdication,

自从那次退位风波后她就没见过这种事 1936年爱德华八世“不爱江山爱美人” 为迎娶美国寡妇辛普森而主动退位)

and I cannot emphasise the effect that had.

我没办法向你解释被迫继位 (现任女王的父亲乔治六世 意外地被迫于次年加冕)

Unexpectedly becoming king as good as killed her father.

和她父王逝世的影响有多大 (指她认为被迫加冕导致其父亲 健康恶化,寿命缩短)

'I'm afraid she's in a state of shock.

我恐怕她仍未从那次打击中恢复

'This public reaction has completely thrown her.'

公众的反应完全把她吓坏了

All right, but first, we have to deal with these terrible headlines.

好吧,但首先,我们必须 先处理这些耸人听闻的报纸头条

- I'll do what I can with the press. - I'm grateful, Prime Minister.

- 我将尽一切努力与媒体周旋 - 我深表感激,首相先生

I can't promise anything.

我无法保证什么

It's not me they want to see.

毕竟他们要见的不是我

Ask Alastair to come and see me.

叫阿拉斯泰尔来见我

Cancel what I'm doing tonight.

取消我今晚的日程安排

- Good morning. - Your Majesty.

- 早上好 - 陛下

Thomas, where have they gone?

托马斯,他们今天都去哪儿了?

- Up to Abergannie Ridge, ma'am. - All that way?

- 去阿伯格林桥了,夫人 - 就在那边?

- Remind me, that's right at the fork? - That's right, ma'am.

- 提醒我一下,就在那个岔路口是吗? - 正是,夫人

You follow the track for about a mile, and you come to...

沿着这条路走大约一英里 然后就到了……

The river.

河边

- One of the lads will drive you. - No, I'll manage. Thank you.

- 找个年轻人送您去吧 - 不,我自己去得了,谢谢

(Grinding metal)

Bugger it!

该死!

(Sighs)

Oh, how stupid!

噢,真是笨死了!

(Phone rings)

- (Queen) 'Hello, Thomas.' - Hello, ma'am.

- 你好,托马斯 - 您好,夫人

I've done something foolish. I've broken the prop shaft.

我做了件蠢事,我把传动轴弄断了

- Are you sure, ma'am. - Yes, of course I'm sure.

- 您确定吗,陛下? - 是的,我当然确定

It's the front one. Lost the four-wheel drive.

就是前面的那个,没办法四轮驱动了

Don't forget, I was a mechanic during the war.

别忘了,我在战争年代当过机械师

- Are you all right? - I'm fine.

- 您没事吧 - 我很好

- We'll come out straight away. - Thank you very much.

- 我们马上就来 - 十分感谢

I'll wait by the car. You are kind. Bye.

我会在车子旁边等 你真是好心人,再见

(Sobs)

Oh, you're a beauty.

喔,你真是美极了

(Distant gunshot)

Shoo! Shoo! Go on!

嘘!嘘!快走!

Go on.

快走

Go on!

走啊!

(Dog barks)

(Chuckles)

(Door opens)

There are news crews outside waiting for you to speak to the people.

外面有新闻界的人等着 让你跟大家说两句

- Yes. - What's all that about?

- 好的 - 这是怎么回事?

I told the Queen's private secretary I'd try to help with the press.

我答应女王的私人秘书 我会帮忙应付媒体的

Why? Don't you think she deserves it, sitting up there on her 40,000 acres?

为什么?你不认为她是自作自受? 她坐拥4万英亩的土地却无所事事

Yes, but allowing her to hang herself might not be in our best interests either.

的确,可就这么让她作茧自缚 对我们也并无益处

Besides, I think there's something ugly

除此之外,我认为这种做法太龌龊了

about the way everyone's started to bully her.

人人都开始对她落井下石

The first thing that you obviously think about...

你首先要考虑的显然

is the rest of your family, and I...

是你的家人,而且我……

When's she coming to London, Mr Blair?

她什么时候来伦敦,布莱尔先生?

- (Woman) 'She's our figurehead.' - (Tony) 'She is.'

- 她可是我们的国家元首 - 她当然是

'She wanted me to pass on to the people crowding around... '

她希望我向这里的各位转达……

(Man) 'ln a spare moment, the Prime Minister went down Downing Street... '

首相抽空来到了唐宁街

- How are the boys? - Not so good tonight.

- 孩子们怎么样了? - 今晚不算太好

A lot of slamming doors.

摔门发脾气呢

- I think they saw the papers. - Oh, no!

- 我想他们是看过报纸了 - 哦,不!

I'll take them out early again tomorrow morning.

我明天一大早再把他们带出去

Perhaps they'll take it out on the stag.

也许打只鹿让他们情绪好一点

'What do you think of the royal family? '

你对皇室家族怎么看?

'They've made a mistake.'

他们犯了个严重的错误

- Pardon? - They've made a mistake.

- 什么? - 他们犯了个严重的错误

- (Woman) 'Why? What do you mean? ' - (Man) 'Well, they should've came.

- 为什么?怎么这么说? - 他们应该过来

'The family should have come down to Buckingham Palace on Sunday,

皇室家族星期天 应该亲自到白金汉宫来

'That girl's been left on her own.

那孩子就这么孤伶伶地被舍弃了

'She's on her own and the place is empty.'

她现在孤身一人 这个地方已经变得空荡荡的了

Oh, please!

噢,得了吧

Sleeping in the streets and pulling out their hair?

睡在大街上捶胸顿足

For someone they never knew? And they think we're mad?

就为了某个他们不了解的人? 他们还说我们疯了?

- Have you seen the funeral guest list? - No.

- 你看过最新的葬礼宾客名单了吗? - 没有

I suggest you keep it that way.

那我建议你还是别看了

A chorus line of soap stars and homosexuals.

一大堆的肥皂剧明星和同性恋

Apparently, Elton John is going to be singing.

很明显,埃尔顿·约翰还要献唱呢 (埃尔顿·约翰,英国同性恋歌星)

That'll be a first for Westminster Abbey.

这可是威斯敏斯特教堂 破天荒头一遭

Condolence books are being signed in embassies all over the world,

全世界使馆里的吊唁簿都开始签名了

and in London alone, the number has reached 40.

仅仅在伦敦,就已经写了40

It reminds me of one of those films -

这让我想起了某部电影

a few of us in a fort, hordes of Zulus outside.

我们一帮人坚守要塞 祖鲁人围在外面

So, it's vital you hold firm. Stick to your guns.

关键就在于坚持下去 抓紧你的武器

You wait. They will come to their senses soon.

你等下去,他们就会醒悟了

They have to.

他们一定会的

Come on, move over, Cabbage.

来吧,挪过去一点 我的小卷心菜

(Woman) 'lt's six o'clock

现在是早上六点

'on Thursday 4th September.'

94,星期四

'As people start camping out on the route of Princess Diana's funeral cortège,

随着人们不断地在戴安娜王妃 送葬车队的必经之路上扎营等待

'people are asking why the Queen hasn't addressed her subjects? '

人们开始询问为什么女王 还没有就此发表讲话

'This is what the newspapers are saying,

以下是各大报纸的标题

"'Where is our Queen? Where is her flag?"'

《太阳报》:我们的女王在哪儿? 何时降半旗?

The Express, "Show us you care." A picture of a grumpy Queen.

《每日快报》:告诉我们你在乎 配上一张面色阴沉的女王照

The Mail, "Let the flag fly at half mast,"

《每日邮报》:降半旗吧

and inside, "The Queen should be here to show her respects."

内文标题:女王应该到此致敬

But the flip side is "Blair more popular now than Churchill."

副标题是:布莱尔现在比丘吉尔更受欢迎

Did they pick up on our statement of support?

他们没有采用我们的支持声明吗?

Just the one.

只有一家

Statements of support don't sell papers.

支持声明可没办法增加销量

Right.

好吧

Ma'am! Ma'am!

夫人!夫人!

The Prime minister for you, ma'am.

先生找您,夫人

I'm afraid he's rather insisting.

我恐怕他是非找您不可

I'll take it in the kitchen.

我在厨房里接

(Dogs bark)

Good morning. Sorry to disturb you.

早上好,很抱歉打扰你们了

I'm expecting a phone call to be put through. Out!

我正等着一个转到这里来的电话 出去!

(Phone rings)

(Queen) Oh, there it is.

哦,电话来了

Thank you, Peter.

谢谢你,彼得

- Good morning, Prime Minister. - Good morning, ma'am.

- 早上好,首相先生 - 早上好,夫人

You've seen today's headlines?

您已经看见今天报纸的标题了吧?

Yes, I have.

是的,我看到了

Then I'm sure you'll agree

那么我相信你也赞同

the situation has become quite critical.

情况已经变得十分严峻了

'Ma'am? '

夫人?

A poll that's to be published in tomorrow's papers

明天的报纸会刊登一份民意调查

suggests that 70% of people

显示70%的国民

believe your actions have damaged the monarchy...

认为您的做法让君主制蒙羞

...and that one in four are now in favour of abolishing the monarchy altogether.

四分之一的人支持废除君主制

As your Prime Minister,

作为您的首相

I believe it is my constitutional responsibility

我认为宪法赋予我责任

to advise the following...

给予您以下建议

Is Queen Elizabeth up yet?

王太后起床了吗?

Mummy?

妈妈?

One, fly the flag at half mast above Buckingham Palace

首先,白金汉宫降半旗

and all other royal residences.

其它皇家官邸也一样

Two, leave Balmoral and fly to London at the earliest opportunity.

第二,离开巴尔莫勒尔堡尽快飞往伦敦

Three, pay our respects in person at Diana's coffin.

第三,亲自向戴安娜的灵柩致哀

And four, make a statement, via live television, to my people and the world.

第四,发表一份声明 向我的臣民和全世界电视直播

Swift prosecution of these matters might, he felt,

如果这些方面处理得当的话,他认为

just might, avert disaster.

也许有可能,避免一场灾难

You will have to talk to the Lord Chamberlain.

你得去跟宫务大臣谈谈

I have, and to Robert Fellowes. They both agree with Mr Blair.

我已经谈过了,和Robert Fellowes也谈了 他们都同意布莱尔先生的意见

- Oh, I see. - Something's happened.

- 哦,我知道了 - 发生了一些事

There's been a change, some... shift in values.

有些事情不一样了,价值观发生了变化

When you no longer understand your people, maybe it is time to hand over.

当你不再了解你的人民 也许是时候让位了

Oh, don't be ridiculous.

哦,别说这么可笑的话

Remember the vow you took?

还记得你发过的誓吗?

I declare that my whole life, whether it be long or short,

我宣布,我的整个生命 不论是长是短

shall be devoted to your service.

都将为您效劳

Your whole life. That is a commitment to God as well as your people.

你的整个生命,这可是 对上帝和你人民的承诺

What if my actions are damaging the Crown?

要是我的所作所为让王冠蒙羞怎么办?

Damaging it? You're the greatest asset this institution has,

蒙羞?你是这个制度的精华

one of the greatest it has ever had.

有史以来最伟大

No. The problem will come when you leave,

不,等你下台了再反思吧

but you mustn't think about that now, not today.

现在就别想了

Oh, Mummy.

啊,妈妈

You must show your strength, reassert your authority.

你必须拿出力量来,重塑你的权威

You sit on the most powerful throne in Europe,

你执掌的可是全欧洲最强大的王位

head of an unbroken line that goes back more than a thousand years.

上千年来风雨不动的统治链的最上端

Do you think any of your predecessors would have dropped everything

难道你认为历代君主中 有谁会抛下一切

and gone to London because a bunch of hysterics carrying candles

跑到伦敦去就因为 一帮举着蜡烛的疯子

needed help with their grief?

需要人来安抚吗?

As for that silly Mr Blair, with his Cheshire cat grin...

至于那个像猫一样 咧嘴傻笑的傻瓜布莱尔……

Mr Janvrin on the phone for you, sir.

Janvrin先生打来的电话,阁下

Yes?

喂?

(Yells) What?

什么?

I can't hear!

我听不见!

Well, that's madness!

哼,这可真是发疯!

The whole thing. Bloody madness!

一切都乱套了!

I've just been told

我刚刚听说

you've decided we're to follow the Prime Minister's advice.

您决定我们要听从首相的建议

I just want to say I...

我只想说我……

admire...

钦佩……

I think it's the right decision.

我认为这是个明智的决定

Let's hope we haven't left it too late.

希望我们还能亡羊补牢

(Door shuts)

(Camera shutters click)

(Man) 'These are historic shots of the Windsors.

这可是温莎公爵家庭历史性的一幕

'The Queen has had a change of heart.

女王改变了心意

'She's clearly responding to the need

她明确地给予人们回应

'to feel that the royal family is somehow engaged.

让人们现在皇室家族也参与了进来

'These flowers have been brought to Balmoral

这些花被运到了巴尔莫勒尔堡

'so she can see some token of what's been expressed in London.'

她多少能够看出伦敦人的情绪

(Cherie) Fish fingers. Do you want any? - I'll be right there.

- 炸鱼条你要么? - 我马上就来

Thank God for that!

谢天谢地!

I'm afraid they're a bit burnt.

我怀疑这有点烧糊了

(Engine backfires)

(Man) 'From CNN International, this is World News

CNN国际频道,这里是全球新闻

'with Ralitsa Vassileva from CNN Center.'

瑞丽莎在CNN中心为您报道

Queen Elizabeth will deliver a televised address, Friday.

伊丽莎白女王本周五将发表一份电视声明

The royal family has been accused of showing little grief

人们一直指责皇室家庭

over the Princess's death.

在王妃的死上无动于衷

- Where are the boys? Have they left? - Yes.

- 孩子们在哪儿?他们出发了吗? - 是的

They left for London after breakfast with Charles.

他们跟查尔斯吃了早餐后就去伦敦了

It's not right, you know.

这是不对的,你知道吧?

No, but further discussion is no longer helpful either.

是吧,可多说无益

(Sighs) Oh, well.

噢,好吧

It gives the gillies time to find another stag for the boys,

至少这让下人们有时间 给孩子们再找头牡鹿

now theirs has been shot.

他们原来那头已经被打了

- What? - Haven't you heard?

- 什么? - 你没听说么?

He wandered over to a neighbouring estate,

他游逛到附近的领地里去了

where one of the commercial guests got him.

结果被某个生意上的客人给猎杀了

Really?

真的?

Which estate?

那片领地?

Here's your box. There's some policy unit stuff that's important.

你要的盒子,里面有些重要的政策文件

- Have you seen the papers? - I thought I'd skip them.

- 你看过报纸了吗? - 我还以为我可以无视他们呢

- Of course I've seen them. - Not bad, eh?

- 我当然看过了 - 还不坏吧,嗯?

"Your Majesty, come to London." "Who says so?" "Tony Blair."

“陛下,到伦敦来吧” “谁说的?”“托尼·布莱尔”

Mr Father of the Nation.

国父先生

Ma'am? Good morning, ma'am.

夫人?早安,夫人

- Good morning. - Is it his lordship you came to see?

- 早上好 - 您是来探望勋爵阁下的吗?

No, please don't disturb him. I came on another matter. I hope you don't mind.

不,不用劳烦他了,我有别的事 希望他不要介意

(Man) There he is.

他就在那儿

He's a beauty, isn't he?

他真是美极了,不是吗?

An imperial, ma'am.

如同帝王一般,夫人

Fourteen-pointer.

14个叉的鹿角

- He was wounded. - Yes.

- 他受伤了 - 是的

We got our guests in very close, had him lined up perfect...

我们把客人带到非常近的距离 瞄得也毫无差错

...and still...

可还是……

An investment banker, ma'am, from London.

是位投资银行家,女士 他来自伦敦

I'm afraid the stalkers had to follow him for miles to finish him off.

猎人们追了好远才让他最终解脱

Let's hope he didn't suffer too much.

希望他没有受太多折磨吧

Pass my congratulations to your guest.

替我向你们的客人表示祝贺

I will, ma'am.

我会的,女士

- God bless you, ma'am. - Thank you.

- 愿上帝保佑您,女士 - 谢谢

- Ma'am... - Yes, Robin?

- 女士…… - 什么事,罗宾?

I've done a draft of your television address.

我为您拟了一份电视声明的草稿

Thank you.

谢谢

Was there anything else?

还有别的事吗?

No, ma'am.

不,女士

Landing in 15 minutes.

15分钟后就降落了

I've got the Queen's speech.

我拿到女王的讲稿了

- Shall I give Tony a copy? - Let me look at it first.

- 我该给托尼一份吗? - 先给我看看

He's next door.

他在隔壁

(Man) '... and the anger, as somebody said earlier,

这份愤怒,正如某人所说的

'perhaps was that people grieving need to target their anger at somebody,

恐怕是人们的悲痛 需要在某个人身上发泄出来的缘故

'and royal protocol might have got in the way,

皇室的那些条条框框刚好撞到枪口上了

'but royal protocol is being swept aside en masse today.'

不过在今天这些都被抛到了九霄云外

(Woman) Come back, Diana!

回来吧,戴安娜

(Man) '... very serious,

气氛很严肃

'Her Majesty and the Duke.

女王陛下和公爵都是

'Normally, it is a happy occasion when they arrive here,

通常当他们出现时 这里都是一片欢乐的海洋

'and normally, when they're out the front,

他们在白金汉宫前门现身,一般都是

'on days like Trooping the Colour, VE Day or VJ Day.

在检阅皇家卫队、欧洲胜利日 和日本宣布投降的日子

'This is a tragic occasion.'

而这却是个悲伤的场合

(Woman) 'The Queen is getting out to talk to people.'

女王走出来向人民讲话

(Man) 'lt's very unusual. This is unprecedented.

这太不同寻常了,简直史无前例

'I think, perhaps the last time the Queen was among her people

我想上一次女王从走出皇宫

'outside the palace was the day the war in Europe ended.'

走进臣民之中,那是二战 在欧洲结束的那一天

(Woman) 'lt's really as if the public and the royal family, the monarchy,

简直就像是公众与皇室家族 与整个英国王朝

'have had a bit of a quarrel and now it's being healed in some measure.'

在一场争执之后,再度和好一样

(Man) 'Like a family spat, not unlike the spats they acknowledged with Diana.

像是家族内的口角 与他们跟戴安娜之间的矛盾不同

'Jenny is quite right to say that whatever the professional ups and downs

詹妮说得非常对,不管女王和王妃之间

'between the Queen and the Princess... '

有过什么不愉快……

They sent a copy of the Queen's speech.

他们送来了一份女王的讲稿

You might want to scrape the frost off it first.

你该好好清理一下 那冷若冰霜的口气

(Man) 'I think the queen was generous in recognising

我认为总算还是能坦然承认

'that her oldest son wasn't the easiest chap to be married to.'

她的大儿子远算不上个好丈夫

I sent some suggestions to make it seem like it came from a human.

我给出了一些修改建议 让它看起来更人性化

Yeah, all right, Alastair.

嗯,好的,阿拉斯泰尔

At least the old bat agreed to visit Diana's coffin.

至少这老顽固答应了来看看戴安娜的灵柩

When you get it wrong, you really get it wrong.

说你错你还真是大错特错

That woman has given her whole life in service to her people,

那个女人将其一生奉献给了其子民

50 years doing a job she never wanted, a job she watched kill her father.

50年不变地做着一份并不情愿的工作 一份她亲眼所见,夺走其父亲生命的工作

She's executed it with honour, dignity, and without a single blemish,

她带着荣誉与尊贵恪尽职守 没有丝毫错失

and now, we're all baying for her blood!

现在我们却叫嚣着 对她必欲除之而后快

She's leading the world in mourning

她领着全世界哀悼一个

for someone who threw all she offered in her face,

对她的好意毫不领情的人

and who, for years, seemed committed

一个多年以来一直致力于

to destroying everything she holds most dear!

毁灭她所珍视的一切的女人

(Silence)

戴安娜,我们爱你

你太容忍他们了

他们不配拥有你

是他们害死了你

Hello. Would you like me to place those for you?

你好,可以让我替你 把这个放过去吗?

- No. - Oh.

- 不可以 -

These are for you.

这些是给你的

For me?

给我?

Thank you.

谢谢你

Thank you very much.

万分感谢

Ma'am, there's been a last-minute addition from Downing Street.

女士,唐宁街那边做了些最后的修改

They're suggesting adding, "and as a grandmother" here.

他们建议,在这里 加上“以一个祖母的身份”

Right.

好的

"So, what I say to you now, as your Queen, and as a grandmother,

“因此,我在此所言,是以女王 以及一位祖母的身份”

"I say from my heart."

“发自内心”

Do you think you can say it?

你认为你可以这么说么?

- Do I have a choice? - They're ready for you, Your Majesty.

- 我还能挑三拣四么? - 他们准备好了,女王陛下

- Just to confirm, this is live. - Fine.

- 确认一下,这是现场直播 - 好的

You'll be at the front of the six o'clock news on all channels.

您会出现在6点钟的新闻前,在所有频道

Yes.

是的

Thank you.

谢谢你

- OK, nice and quiet. - (Man) Ten seconds.

- 好的,所有人保持安静 - 倒数十秒

(Man) 'We cross, now, live, to Buckingham Palace

我们现在切换到来自白金汉宫的现场直播

'for the Queen's tribute to Princess Diana.'

女王为戴安娜王妃致辞

Since last Sunday's dreadful news,

自从上个星期那场可怕的意外之后

we have seen, throughout Britain and around the world,

我们已经在英国和全世界看到

an overwhelming expression of sadness at Diana's death.

人们对戴安娜的逝世表达出的极度悲痛

We have all been trying, in our different ways, to cope.

我们都以试图不同的方式来应对

It is not easy to express a sense of loss,

要表达出这种痛失亲人的情绪并不容易

'since the initial shock is often succeeded by other feelings,

最初的震惊过后,随之而来的 往往是其它的种种情绪

'disbelief, incomprehension, anger and concern for those who remain.

怀疑、迷惘、愤怒以及对生者的关切

'We have all felt those emotions in these last few days,'

我们在过去几天里已经尝遍了这些情绪

so what I say to you now, as your Queen, and as a grandmother,

我在此所言,是以你们女王 以一个祖母的身份

I say from my eart.

发自内心

Heart? What heart? She doesn't mean a word of this.

心?什么心? 她真是言不由衷

That's not the point. What she's doing is extraordinary.

这不是关键,她所做的事才让人称奇

(Queen) 'ln good times and bad... '

无论时世艰难与否

- That's how to survive. - Listen to you.

- 这才是生存之道 - 听听你的话

A week ago, you were the great moderniser,

一个星期前,你还是伟大的维新派

making speeches about the people's princess.

鼓吹什么“人民的王妃”

- Now you've gone weak at the knees. - Ssh.

- 现在你却双膝跪倒 -

(Queen) '... and for her devotion to her two boys.'

以及她对她两个儿子的付出

I don't know why I'm so surprised.

我真不知道我干吗这么惊讶

At the end of the day, all Labour prime ministers go gaga for the Queen.

到了最后,所有的工党首相 都会跟女王一个鼻孔出气

What?

什么?

(Queen) 'Millions who never met her, but felt they knew her, will remember her.

数以万计素未谋面的人 却感觉到她的亲切,并将她铭记于心

'I, for one, believe there are lessons to be drawn from her life,

我,举例来说,相信从她的一生中 可以有所借鉴

'and from the extraordinary and moving reaction to her death.

从对她去世的这些 非同寻常,感人至深的反应当中

'I share in your determination to cherish her memory.'

我与你们一样决心珍藏对她的记忆

I hope that, tomorrow, we can all, wherever we are,

我希望明天大家全都可以 不论身在何方

join in expressing our grief at Diana's loss

共同传达出痛失戴安娜的悲痛

and gratitude for her all-too-short life.

以及对她那过于短暂的生命的感谢

May those who died rest in peace,

远逝者得安息

and may we, each and every one of us,

愿我们所有人,每一个人

thank God for someone who made many, many people happy.

替这个给千万人带来欢乐的人 而感谢上苍

(Man) 'Diana's coffin, now on the move

戴安娜的灵柩正缓缓经过

'the short distance from St James's Palace,

从圣詹姆士宫到肯辛顿行宫之间 这短短的距离

'to her home at Kensington Palace before her burial tomorrow.

走过明日的葬礼前这最后一个夜晚

'Lt's incredible. Less than a week.

真是难以置信,不到一个星期的时间

'Who could have imagined such scenes? '

谁能想象这样的场面

(Althorp) Diana was the very essence of compassion, of duty,

戴安娜集热情、责任心

of style, of beauty,

格调、美丽于一身

a very British girl, who transcended nationality,

这个超越了国界的英国女孩儿

someone with a natural nobility, who was classless,

天生高贵却无等级之偏见

and who proved that she needed no royal title

她证明自己完全无需皇家头衔

to continue to generate her brand of magic.

来传播其魔法般的魅力

I would like to end by thanking God

我在最后希望感谢上帝

for the mercies he's shown us at this dreadful time,

在这样艰难的时世中 给予我们如此的慈悲

for taking Diana at her most beautiful and radiant,

在戴安娜最光彩照人的时刻

and when she had joy in her life.

在她享有欢乐之时 将她召回天国

Above all, we give thanks for the life of a woman

最重要的,我们要感谢 这位女性的一生

I'm so proud to be able to call my sister,

仅仅能生为她的兄弟 就让我如此骄傲

the unique, the complex,

独一无二,让人捉摸不透

the extraordinary and irreplaceable Diana,

与众不同,无可替代的戴安娜

whose beauty, both internal and external,

她的美丽 无论内在或外在

will never be extinguished from our minds.

将留在我们心中永难磨灭

(Applause)

(Bell tolls)

两个月以后

So, off to see your girlfriend?

这么说,要去见你的女朋友了?

Now, now...

现在,现在

I hope she shows you some respect this time.

希望她这次能对你尊重些

It's quite a debt of gratitude she owes you,

她可是欠你好大一个人情呢

Mr Saviour of the Monarchy.

英国王室的救星

I doubt she'll see it that way.

我可不认为她会这么看

- Robin. - Prime Minister.

- 罗宾 - 首相先生

Tony, please.

叫托尼吧

The Prime Minister, Your Majesty.

先生到,陛下

Do sit down.

请坐

Thank you.

谢谢

It's good to see you again,

真高兴再见到你

after what's been... quite a summer.

经过了……好一个夏天

I'm referring to your visit to India and Pakistan...

我是指您对印度和巴基斯坦的访问

where your comments on ending historic disagreements went down well.

您在英联邦首脑会议上

At the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting,

关于消除历史分歧的讲话效果很好

I spoke to the prime minister of Malawi.

我跟马拉维总理谈过了

He said how much he appreciated your tough stance on Nigeria.

他为您对尼日利亚的强硬态度深表感谢

I meant to tell you at the time, but, er...

我本打算当时就告诉您,不过……

...you were being monopolised rather.

您当时忙得抽不出身

I imagine those occasions must be quite difficult,

我想那种场合一定相当棘手

24 heads of government, each clamouring for a private audience.

24个政府首脑 每一个都吵着要私下觐见

Also, we haven't had a chance to speak since... that week.

还有,我们一直没机会说话 自从……那个星期之后

- I wanted to offer my apologies. - Whatever for?

- 我希望向您道歉 - 为了什么?

In case you felt manhandled or managed in any way.

免得您觉得被人驱使 或是被人设计了

No, not at all.

不,完全没有

I don't think I shall ever understand what happened this summer.

我认为我永远都不会明白 那个夏天发生的事

Well, the circumstances were exceptional, ma'am...

这个嘛,当时情况十分特殊,夫人

...and in the end, you showed great strength, courage and humility.

但在最后,您还是表现出了 极大的力量、勇气和宽容

- You mistake humility for humiliation. - That's not true.

- 您是把羞辱当成宽容了吧 - 不是的

You didn't read the cards on the flowers outside the palace.

你又没有读过白金汉宫门外 那些花束上的卡片

I think history will show it was a good week for you.

我认为历史会证明 那是对您来说十分有益的一周

And an even better one for you, Mr Blair.

对你恐怕益处更大吧,布莱尔先生

But there are 52 weeks in the year, ma'am,

一年当中还有其它52个星期呢,夫人

and two and a half thousand in the time since you've been Queen.

还有您当上女王以来 度过的2500个星期

When people assess your legacy, they won't remember those days.

当人们评价您的一生功过时 他们不会记得这几天的

Oh, really?

哦,真的?

You don't think that what affection people once had for...

你不认为人们过去对这个王朝

for this institution has been diminished?

所拥有的热爱已经变淡了么?

No. Not at all. You're more respected now than ever.

不,不,完全不是 您比以往更受人尊敬

I gather some of your advisors were less fulsome in their support.

我倒认为你的一部分亲密幕僚 没这么高的热情支持我吧

One or two,

有一两个是

but, as a leader, I could never add my voice to that chorus.

不过,作为一个领导人,我无法 凭个人的意愿来决定一切

You saw the headlines and thought, "One day, it might be me."

你看着那些标题,想着 “也许有一天,我也会成这样”

And it will, Mr Blair, quite suddenly, and without warning.

的确会,布莱尔先生 突如其来,毫无征兆地

So, shall we get on with the business in hand?

那么,我们是否要继续谈正事呢?

Oh, look...

哦,看啊……

Oh, I do love this time of day. Shall we walk while there's light?

哦,我真喜欢每天的这个时候 我们趁天还亮着出去走走吗?

The clocks go back next week. It'll be dark before five.

下星期就从夏时制转回来了 五点钟前天就全黑了

- I do hope you're a walker. - I am.

- 我希望你喜欢散步 - 是的

Good. I think meetings have a greater chance of success

很好,我觉得会面会有更大的机会成功

if the Prime Minister is a walker.

如果首先生喜欢散步的话

It's how I think best, on my feet. I've never been one for sitting around.

我认为这样最好,四处走走 我不喜欢久坐

A good walk in fresh air sorts everything out.

呼吸着新鲜空气散个步 能让一切迎刃而解

One in four, you said, wanted to get rid of me?

四分之一的人,你说过 他们希望我下台?

For about half an hour, but then you came down to London,

就那么半个小时而已 但之后您来了伦敦

and all that went away.

一切就都烟消云散了

I've never been hated like that before.

我从没被人如此憎恨过

It must have been difficult.

这的确难熬

Yes. Very.

是的,的确

Nowadays, people want glamour and tears, the grand performance.

现在,人们喜欢煽情和眼泪,华丽的表演

I'm not very good at that. I never have been.

我不擅长这个,从不擅长

I prefer to keep my feelings to myself,

我习惯将感情深藏不露

and, foolishly, I believed that was what people wanted from their Queen -

傻的是,我还以为这就是人民 想在他们的女王身上看到的

not to make a fuss, nor wear one's heart on one's sleeve.

不大惊小怪,不是那种 把喜怒哀乐都摆在脸上的人

Duty first, self second.

责任第一,个人第二

That's how I was brought up.

这就是我从小被灌输的理念

That's all I've ever known.

这是我所知的一切

You were so young when you became Queen.

您成为女王时还太年轻了

Yes.

是啊

Yes, a girl.

是啊,还是个小女孩

But I can see that the world has changed,

不过我还能看到世界已经改变了

and one must... modernise.

做人需要更……现代一点

Well, perhaps that's where I can help.

这个么,也许我能在这方面帮帮忙

Don't get ahead of yourself, Prime Minister.

别冲得太快了,首先生

I'm the one supposed to be advising you.

我才应该是给你提示的人

Come, dogs!

狗狗过来!

Tell me, Mr Blair, what might we expect from our first parliament?

告诉我,布莱尔先生 我们该对第一任议会有何期待?

Er... well, ma'am, top of the list is education.

嗯,女士,最优先的是教育

We want to reduce classroom sizes.

我们想要缩小班级的规模

Yes.

好的

And create a lower teacher-pupil ratio.

降低老师与学生的比例

本文来源:https://www.2haoxitong.net/k/doc/acb08a186bd97f192279e9b8.html

《女王.doc》
将本文的Word文档下载到电脑,方便收藏和打印
推荐度:
点击下载文档

文档为doc格式